Our factory shop will be closed over Easter and ANZAC day
4 duck legs
10 Slider buns
6 cloves garlic (whole)
12 green Greek olives
12 sundried tomatoes
½ tsp. black peppercorns (crushed)
300ml white wine
300ml chicken stock
Green Olive relish
24 large green olives (stoned)
½ cup flat leaf parsley (freshly picked)
½ red onions finely sliced
2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
Olive oil to bind
1 tablespoon diced feta
Ready in 3 hours
Serves 10 Sliders
1. Season duck with cracked pepper and sea salt. Heat a large deep sided fry pan to a medium to high heat then brown the duck legs on both sides.
2. Add the garlic, olives and sundried tomatoes to the pan. Sauté for 1 minute then add all the cooking liquor; finish with bay leaf, parsley stalks and basil stalks.
3. Cover with foil or a lid and place in a pre-heated oven at 170 °C and bake for approximately 40-50 minutes.
4. When checking the duck is cooked be sure the meat falls away from the bone easily. Once the duck has cooled slightly shred all the meat from the legs.
5. Keep the shredded meat and the cooking liquor to one side ready for serving.
6. To make the relish combine all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until you have a relish consistency. Season with lemon juice and sea salt and cracked pepper.
7. To serve: split and butter the sliders. Place the shredded duck into a saucepan and add the cooking liquor and bring to the heat.
8. Toast the slider buns on a toasted sandwich maker then fill with the hot duck mixture and finish with a good amount of the green olive relish.