Our factory shop will be closed over Easter and ANZAC day
4 Loaf English Muffins
8 Free range eggs
16 slices of Chorizo Sausages
2 x Cups of washed fresh Spinach
200ml white wine vinegar
200ml white wine
2 parsley stalks
3 egg yolks
250ml melted butter
Ready in 25 Minutes
1. Hollandaise Sauce is all about the reduction, so first heat a small saucepan to medium to high heat then drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil. Slice the shallot roughly then add to the pan along with the peppercorns and parsley stalks. Sweat for 3-4 minutes then add the vinegar, white wine and water. Lower heat and reduce by three-quarters.
2. Put egg yolks in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of the reduction, then set over a saucepan of boiling water and whisk continuously until the egg yolks reach a thick, shiny ribbon stage. Remove from the sauce pan, while still whisking, slowly drizzle the warm butter into the mix. Keep whisking until the sauce is thick, buttery and shiny.
3. Season with salt, cracked pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice then add a teaspoon of hot water to help stabilize the sauce.
4. Place the English muffins through the toaster until toasted, keep warm ready for use. Heat a large fry pan to a medium heat and fry the Chorizo until slightly colored and warm. Remove the sausages from the pan and keep warm with the English muffins, return the pan to the heat without cleaning add a knob of butter followed by the spinach, season with sea salt and cracked pepper and cook until just wilted remove from the pan onto a paper towel the towel will absorb any excess liquid from the spinach.
5. Bring a Fry pan ¾ filled with water to the boil add 3 tbsp. of vinegar then gently crack your eggs into the water. Turn the pan down to a simmer and allow to bubble gently for 3 - 4 minutes. Check the eggs by gently lifting them from the water on a perforated spoon, they need to be slightly wobbly in the centre - this will mean a runny yolk, if they are ready remove all the eggs onto a paper towel and allow the eggs to drain free from any excess water.
Place one ½ of each English muffin in the centre of each plate followed by a small bed of Spinach then the Chorizo sausage, then place the other ½ of the muffin on top followed by another small bed of wilted Spinach. Then place two poached eggs on top followed by a generous spoonful of hollandaise sauce repeat this process for all four plates.