As a supplier to NZ’s major food retailers we are an essential producer and will remain open throughout Level 4 COVID-19 alert.
450g lamb mince
1 pack lamb spice
Yoghurt Mayo (optional, adults)
1/4 cup mayonaise
1/2 pottle yoghurt
2 Tbsp chopped mint
10 mini burger buns
50g baby spinach
Ready in 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 230oC. Line two oven trays with baking paper. Dice kumara, parsnip and first measure of carrot 2cm. Toss on first prepared tray with a drizzle of oil and season. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Turn once during cooking. Grate second measure of carrot.
2. In a large bowl mix lamb mince, grated carrot, lamb spice, egg and salt. Using a 1/4 cup measure, shape into balls then flatten into 1cm thick patties.
3. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large fry pan on medium heat. Cook patties in batches for about 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Set aside covered to rest.
4. While patties are cooking, in a small bowel mix mayonaise, yoghurt and mint. Season to taste and set aside. Cut burger buns in half and place on second prepared tray.
5. Warm burger buns in oven for 2-3 minutes, until warmed through. Thinly slice tomato and set aside.
6. To serve, place everything in the middle of the table for everyone to help themselves. Start with a burger bun and top with a lamb patty, a small handful of spinach, a slice of tomato and a dollop of yoghurt mayo. Serve roast veggies on the side.
Get the latest news from Loaf