Our factory shop will be closed over Easter and ANZAC day
1 pack of Loaf sliders
10 fresh oysters (can use from a pottle)
Tempura Batter Mix
Deep fried oyster sliders are a personal favourite of Al's. He prefers to use fresh shucked oysters, but you can just as easily use some from a pottle or half shelf.
1. Dry your oysters on a paper towel before dropping them into a simple tempura batter. You can buy tempura flour from most supermarkets; just add water to make the batter.
2. Deep fry the oysters, or you can just as easily pan-fry them in a couple of centimeters of oil until nice and crisp.
3. Cook your Slider Buns by buttering both sides and heating through on a hot pan until they're soft and golden brown.
4. Add a little bit of hard boiled egg, gherkin and fresh herbs to some mayonnaise and spread onto the base of the Slider Buns.
5. Place a little bit of Watercress on top of the mayo, followed by an oyster and then a little squeeze of lemon juice, before putting the lid on.
6. Eat now.